It's Never Too Late For Spring Cleaning
Where have the days gone? Looking at the calendar reminds me that I have missed my usual Spring Cleaning Reminder. It is almost summer! So here goes...
During this renewal season, sparked by the bloom of flowers and the gift of longer days, many real estate markets enjoy the boost of consumers looking to relocate the nest.
That is why maintenance now will make getting your home into selling shape an easier process.
1. Check and clean gutters, window frames and missing roof shingles.
2. Clear away any and all debris left by recent storms and weird weather.
3. Check and repair your sprinkler systems and replace damaged sprinkler heads.
4. Do you have a deck that needs conditioning, re-staining or repair? Consider a power washer, then an all-weather sealer or stain.
5. Patio furniture needs dusting for sure and do any of the cushions need replacing? Remember an inviting patio is worth its weight in gold.
6. Check the pool and spa for repairs and a good brushing.
7. Whether you wash the windows yourself or hire someone, this would be a good time to do this.
Now the Inside
1. Make a list for every room which include cleaning walls of cobwebs. Wash curtains, clean drapes and deep clean carpet and drapes.
2. Clean fan blades and vacuum vents wherever possible.
3. Greatly reduce the clutter by having a garage sale or pack some of it away, if you plan to keep it.
4. Replace batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
5. Clean ovens and if you come across those appliance manuals, start collecting them in a memorable place for the future owners.
6. Can any room benefit from a paint refresher?
7. Would the home benefit from the input of a house-stager?
Just reading this list would make me tired. Just remember, nothing says it has to be done in one day. It is after all a spring cleaning project. And you will just love the results! Your future buyer will have the perception that the home has been well cared for. It can very well reduce your days on the market, which is just like money in your pocket.
For more good tips on buying and selling homes in the Oxnard real estate market, please contact me.
Sandy Acevedo ~Your Neighbor in Real Estate ~ Whether it is to buy or sell property
in Riverside or San Bernadino County, I can help!~
If you are interested in learning more about Inland Empire Real Estate, please contact me. I am ready to assist you!
HAFA Certified and I can assist you with foreclosure alternatives.
Sandy Acevedo Cell: (951) 290-8588 BRE #01178979
RE/MAX Masters Realty
14760 Pipeline Av., Chino Hills, Ca 91709