The Newest, Hottest Social Media Game is addictive and fun. For those who may not have yet caught the bug, it is called “Draw Something.”
The game, from Omgpop, was released just 6 weeks ago and already has been vaulted into prominence. It has been downloaded already more 35 million times, and has been bought by Zynga (of Words With Friends fame) for approximately 22 million.
It is a combination of the “Daily Jumble” of your newspaper and “Pictionary.” And unlike “Words With Friends, “ it does not pit one friend against the other. If one guesses the word from the other’s drawing, then both win and share the gold coins.
The game is free, and there is a version available for both the i-people and the android people. Or you can pay 99 cents and get the ad free version plus a few accessories.
In a nutshell, here is the way it works......
- you are shown 3 words of varying degrees of difficulty and each has a value of 1,2 or 3 coins based on that same difficulty. You pick one of the words.
- you ‘draw something’ that will elicit the correct guess from your friend as to what it is. Written clues are discouraged as they are not in the spirit of the game. But the use of arrows pointing, for example, to the part of your drawing that you want your friend to guess is OK.
- Be absolutely sure that art or drawing skills are strictly not needed. In fact it is more fun when you see how your friend tries to get you to guess the drawing with limited skill. As you see from my drawings, I use stick figures exclusively.
- After you draw your word you submit it. At some later time when your friend comes back, he/she taps the screen to see how you last guessed his/her word, then he/she guesses your current word. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the blank boxes of the letters of the word you must guess. Below that are two rows of possible letters to that word along with some that are not letters to this word. It
sounds more complicated than it is. It is very easy and a lot of fun.
- And then your friend selects another word to submit to you, and the process begins again.
- You may find yourself chuckling at the game when no one else is around, so be prepared.
When you begin the game, you are given just a few colors to use. After you reach 249 coins, then you can get more colors, which really help conveying your meaning. For example, you can draw a tree or grass without the color green, but it is so much better when you have that color.
There are other accessories that you can purchase or “win” but get the game first and get ready to have some fun!
Sandy Acevedo ~Your Neighbor in Real Estate ~ Whether it is to buy or sell property
in Riverside or San Bernadino County, I can help!~
If you are interested in learning more about Inland Empire Real Estate, please contact me. I am ready to assist you!
HAFA Certified and I can assist you with foreclosure alternatives.
Sandy Acevedo Cell: (951) 290-8588 BRE #01178979
RE/MAX Masters Realty
14760 Pipeline Av., Chino Hills, Ca 91709