Coastal Cleanup Needs You!
The trash that you see on the coastal beaches are not just the result of thoughtless littering, but also the result of mindless ignorance of the debris you don't prevent from going into the storm drain nearest you. The average person can make a huge contribution just by not littering and by keeping an eye on what goes into your local storm drains.
A Coastal Cleanup Day, is scheduled to hold its 28th annual event from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, September 17, 2011.
Last year, the Ventura County contingent consisted of 3,129 volunteers, who combed 60 miles of beaches, collecting 11,608 pounds of trash and 2,204 pounds of recyclables.
- Emma Wood Group Camp: Use Main Street camp entrance in Ventura; meet at kiosk.
- GenOn-Mandalay Generating Station: 393 N. Harbor Blvd., Oxnard. Call 984-5291 for more information.
- Marina Park: Park entrance at Pierpont Boulevard and Greenock Lane in Ventura.
- Mugu Rock Beach: Off Highway 1 south of Oxnard. Meet in parking lot near rock.
- Oil piers: Take the Seacliff exit off Highway 101, proceed north one mile, go through pedestrian underpass, meet near stairs.
- Ormond Beach: Meet at GenOn Energy plant near Hueneme and Edison roads.
- Oxnard Beach Park: 1601 S. Harbor Blvd., Oxnard; meet in parking lot.
- San Buenaventura State Beach: Use San Pedro Street entrance in Ventura, follow cleanup signs.
- Seaward Beach: Meet at end of Seaward Avenue in Ventura.
- Silver Strand Beach: Meet at north end.
- Ventura Harbor: Harbor Cove beach to Surfer's Knoll; meet at Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center, 1901 Spinnaker Drive.
- Ventura Promenade: Meet at the California Street Plaza near the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Camarillo-Calleguas Creek: Creekside Road at Paseo Del Campo; meet at bottom of slope at entrance to creek bottom. Call 388-5385 for more information.
- Camarillo-Mission Oaks Park Barranca: Meet in the parking lot at Mission Oaks Boulevard and Oak Canyon Road. Call 388-5385 for more information.
- Fillmore: Call 524-1500, ext. 321, for cleanup location.
- Moorpark: Meet at Villa Campesina Park. Call 517-6257 for more information.
- Ojai: Meet at Libbey Park lower tennis courts parking lot.
- Simi Valley: Meet at Erringer Road and Royal Avenue. Call 583-6424 for information.
- Thousand Oaks/Arroyo Conejo Creek: Meet at Borchard Park, Borchard and Reino roads, next to the basketball courts. Call 449-2386 for information.
Reminder: If you are a student needing volunteer service hours, Coastal Cleanup Day is a great way to get your hours and help the environment at the same time!
Sandy Acevedo ~Your Neighbor in Real Estate ~ Whether it is to buy or sell property
in Riverside or San Bernadino County, I can help!~
If you are interested in learning more about Inland Empire Real Estate, please contact me. I am ready to assist you!
HAFA Certified and I can assist you with foreclosure alternatives.
Sandy Acevedo Cell: (951) 290-8588 BRE #01178979
RE/MAX Masters Realty
14760 Pipeline Av., Chino Hills, Ca 91709